Followers

Saturday, September 27, 2014

The Challenge of 10

Do you feel like you always have an issue to deal with? Me too.

Does it ever seem like everyone else is gliding through life while you’re hitting every possible pothole? I can so relate! Issues are everywhere in my life. Issues with my kids. Issues with a friend. Issues with time management. And then there are the bigger issues that beg me to crawl in bed and wish the world away.

Some days I feel like all I that I ever do is run from one issue to another issue trying like mad to fill in my never ending gaps.

But these gaps can be good, kinda in an upside down, crazy kind of way. They’re a constant reminder of my desperate need for God. Anything that keeps me close to God can’t be all bad right? So if you’ve got gaps, you’re not alone. ---Lisa Terkeurst

What am I doing with the gaps?

I'm accepting the challenge of the 10.

1.  Walk 10 minutes everyday.
2.  Lose 10 pounds in 3 months.
3.  Spend 10 minutes in prayer every morning of everyday.
4.  Spend 10 minutes in prayer every evening of everyday.
5.  Spend 10 minutes in the Word everyday.
6.  Spend 10 minutes in the Word every evening of everyday.
7.  Pray for 10 people everyday.
8.  Count 10 blessings everyday.
9.  Encourage 10 people every week by writing a note, sending a text or FB message or calling a friend.
10.  Memorize 10 Bible verses this year.

How will you fill in the gaps?  Make your own list or accept my challenge.
My doctor recommended the first two to fight depression.  I am adding the rest.

"We were under great pressure, far beyond our ability to endure, so that despaired even of life.  Indeed in our hearts we felt the sentence of death.  But this happened that we might no rely on ourselves but on God who raises the dead.  He has delivered us from such a deadly peril and he will deliver us.  On him we have set our hope that he will continue to deliver us."  
2 Corinthians 1:8-10





3 comments:

  1. Great post. I so enjoy your emails and posts/comments. We have become fast friends, haven't we? (smiles) Have a wonderful Sunday. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...what a great list of "tens". I need to work on that one...there should be NO reason why I couldn't accomplish this! Thanks for sharing this :)

    ReplyDelete